- This event has passed.
A Toolbox of Proactive Strategies for Professionals
March 27 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Friday, March 27, 2020
Target audience: Professionals, CE credits offered
Registration fee: $95.00
(Fee includes: CE credit fee, free parking, refreshment breaks and networking with local providers.)
• Review of Barkley’s Power Struggle, Green’s Phases to Explosion, and Smith-Myles Rage Cycle;
• Review general principles of proactive and reactive behavior management;
• Learn how to use a simple tool (The Gander) for comprehensive/ functional/parallel assessment of children, parents and providers;
• Apply an understanding of The Gander (temperament, sensory pro-life, skills profile, physical health, environmental stresses and goodness-of-fit) to determine the source of behavior challenges and how to individualize behavior management strategies;
• Learn to practice an individualized approach to empathy; and
• Review application of Motivational Interviewing in their work with challenging children and parents
Three CE credit hours will be available for Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers and Licensed Professional Counselors.
REGISTER TO ATTEND FRIDAY: